Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A New Eye

After a little over three and a half years, and some twenty five thousand pictures (doing the maths, it comes to about twenty pictures per day), I have replaced my well-loved Canon G9, in favour of a spanking new Fuji X10. This is my third digital camera - the first was also a Fuji, an E900, bought at the end of 2005, which never really recovered from being dropped in the creek at Tassajara. It remains to be seen if my photos get any better; I haven't taken one so far that is worth putting up here. And it certainly won't help me write the talk I am due to give this Sunday at Hartford Street...

3 comments:

RML said...

What are you doing with your old camera...? :)

Sandy's witterings said...

I'm running at something in the region of 10000 photos a year too. I often stop to think what it would cost me if I was having to buy film and get it processed >.<

Good luck with your talk.

Shundo said...

Renee - there are several potential buyers lined up, but you can make me an offer...
Sandy - it is a whole different ball-game these days, isn't it? Perhaps in my talk I can address the subject of whether taking more pictures makes us better photographers in the end.