Thursday, July 7, 2011

Self Indulgence

I have been watching the number of followers slowly creeping up recently, and yesterday it had reached the auspicious number of 108; I wanted to make a comment about it, but already number 109 is on board...timing is everything.
Also noted is that the stats have been running for a whole year now, and that June was the most popular month so far. This is mostly due to Kate sticking me on the SFZC Facebook wall whenever she feels like it these days. Thanks, Kate.
The ten most popular posts over the past year cover a range of topics. Top of the list is the one about Darlene's death, with over twice as many views as the next one, which is more on a meta-level, about the Ino's Desire phenomenon - something I never really got to the bottom of, and which seems to have fallen out of fashion anyway. Number three is Djinn and Richard's wedding, and if I had known so many people were going to see that one, I would have put more photos on it. The photos on this post seem to have taken on a life of their own, and I hope Alison forgives me for it; people all over the internet seem very interested in head-shaving...
Pride is a new entry, but definitely boosted by Facebook. More pictures surfaced this week on the sangha-e newsletter this week if you want to see more. I am also happy that recent posts on the Young Urban Zen group and the Full Moon Ceremony are right up there as well. The more mundane parts of the ino's job are represented by the post on what it takes to put up the dharma talks, and the cycle of birth and death is completed by two posts on Lou's death and cremation.
I still also enjoy seeing what search words bring people to this blog, my recent favourite being "Tokudo - steaming hot". If you want one of those, by the way, stop by on Saturday afternoon and we will be serving up some fresh home leaving.

2 comments:

KateSD said...

No prob, Shundo! Your thoughtful posts and beautiful photos help keep our FB page interesting!

Shundo said...

At least that's your excuse for reading during work...