Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Light And Dark Oppose One Another

For whatever reason, I have been taking a lot of pictures around the place, catching the light of the long sunny days, so following on from yesterday morning's crop, here are a few more:

Last night's fireworks from the third floor fire escape
Dining room lit up by the evening sun
The iconic dining room chairs
A rare alignment of evening sun through the kitchen window to illuminate this
Stained glass in the hallway
I love my bessu, as I have said before
Courtyard Buddha
Courtyard Jizo
Courtyard Jizo
Bougainvilla and chairs in the courtyard

6 comments:

caren said...

I love the jizo pics especially!

Shundo said...

He is a cute guy, isn't he? Don't be a stranger.

Sandy's witterings said...

You've maybe noticed my liking for stained glass. It's not something I instantly associate with Buddhism - a quick look at Flickr suggest that there's a little but not a huge amount.
Interesting blue hand and nice bit of cloth - it would be nice to see what it's attached too.

Shundo said...

Hi Sandy,

I have indeed been enjoying your recent stained glass posts. This one was part of the original Julia Morgan design for the building, so predates the Zen Center incarnation. Its title is Cornucopia, I believe.

Sandy's witterings said...

Thanks Shundo, that leads to this link concerning your building - http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/jmemanu/jmemanu.html .Which probably says something of the cultural origens of your window too.

Shundo said...

Excellent sleuthing Sandy - I'll see if I can pick anything up at this end.