Monday, May 16, 2011

Handing Over

It's been a while since I left town - this long in fact - so I am pretty excited about taking a couple of weeks off to go on holiday, and continuing the theme of familiarising myself with all things American, I am setting out to see parts of California I have not managed to see in eleven years: Yosemite - snow and all, with the unseasonable weather - King's Canyon, and hopefully, Death Valley and the eastern Sierras. And yes, I am bringing my bike with me.
I like to say it is taking four people to replace me, but as one of them points out, that is four people who already have full-time jobs at Zen Center and are adding this to their responsibilities; I am grateful for their willingness, and of course there are many loose ends to tidy up before I go: sorting out doan jobs, writing instructions for the new sound system, printing out tenken sheets, ordering candles, having some oryoki sets ready, hopefully getting some talks online.
I can't guarantee that I will be posting anything else this month, so expect the blog to be back in June.

4 comments:

emanon said...

happy trails

Mike said...

be safe. enjoy the bike. tell us all about it when you get back.

Ruth said...

Have fun and expect to see lots of photos upon your return. Oh and send us a postcard...

Shundo said...

If I address it to Ruth, Dublin, do you think it will get there? I might send one to your sister though.