Friday, January 21, 2011

Transition

This morning's ceremony was also very well attended, and the chanting of the Heart Sutra and the Enmei Jukku Kannon Gyo was strong and had a powerful effect. We used the same dedication that we had for Jerome and Darlene, and I invited people who hadn't had the chance to offer incense to do so after the ceremony.
Today I mostly have to turn my attention and my slightly limited energy to preparing for the one-day sitting, so I don't know if I will get a chance to write much more. Trevor has posted a lovely entry of reminiscences which eloquently says much of what I would say.
I have had this couplet from Dogen's 'Zazenshin' in my mind these past few days of clear warm weather:

The sky is wide, clear through to the heavens,
And birds are flying like birds.

4 comments:

Lee Nutter said...

Beautiful photo, and so appropriate to accompany that verse.

Shundo said...

Thanks Lee. The birds were co-operating this morning; the weather too.

Trevor said...

I'm glad you enjoyed what I wrote about Lou, Shundo.

Shundo said...

I enjoy pretty much everything you write, Trevor. I like your deep ecology post too - thanks for bringing that forward. I would leave a comment on your site, but I never seem to get that kind of comment form to work...