Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Study Hall

I am finding 'Taking our Places' to be a very rich and rewarding read. Here is a paragraph that articulates feelings I have had over recent years: "In my own work with Zen students over the years, I have felt the awesome power of love. Although it may seem extravagant to say so, the truth is that I love the people with whom I practice Zen. I get to know many of them over time and to see their lives unfold, with all the inevitable triumph and tragedy. Sharing all this with them, admiring their courage and sincerity in facing what they face and their determination to keep on devotedly with the practice, how can I not love them? If there is any benefit in our practicing together, all of it comes from this loving relationship, which has a healing power no one can measure or truly understand".

No comments: