Friday, September 3, 2010

Stats

Most people have opinions about Google these days, some of them not altogether flattering, but it has to be admitted that they are very clever (although I am revising my opinion in view of how difficult it has been to cut and paste the following - I can't seem to make it go in a straight line). I recently noticed a tab on the Blogger page that says 'Stats', and it turns out that you are all being tracked in many ways. I am happy to see that I have an "all-time history" of 2,908 page views, though it turns out that "all-time" only means since June of this year, which stretches the definition somewhat. I can also see which browser has been most used to read this - Firefox comes out on top, which surprised me - and which page most people arrived here from - this was less surprisingly the Zen Center website City Center page.
My favourite statistic is the global spread of the audience, for which these are the front runners from the past month:

United States
    1,126
Canada
                  44
United Kingdom
     39
Germany
                30
Brazil
                     16
Taiwan
                  16
Russia
                   12
Netherlands
           11
Poland
                   11
China
                      8


and similarly from the past week:


United States       
250
Canada
                   5
China
                      5
Germany
                 5
United Kingdom
      5
Japan
                      3
Russia
                     3
Iceland
                    2
Argentina
                1
Chile
                       1
I am delighted to have readers, albeit perhaps accidental ones, from so many places - Brazil, Taiwan, Poland, Iceland, Chile. I would be happy to hear from this far-flung audience, and I am sorry if my English humour sometimes does not come across so well...

No comments: